Welcome to GameHourz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

NWN2 class abilities

 
   Game Forums (Home) -> Neverwinter Nights RSS
Next:  sorry...  
Author Message
Magnate

External


Since: Feb 27, 2008
Posts: 15



(Msg. 1) Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:26 pm
Post subject: NWN2 class abilities
Archived from groups: alt>games>neverwinter-nights, others (more info?)

Hi all,

Is there a comprehensive reference for level-dependent class abilities in
NWN2? The PDF manuals leave out quite a lot of info, and I can get a few
insights from FAQs and stuff but I'm wondering whether anyone has drawn all
this together. E.g. I want to know how many times/day the Barbarian can Rage
at each level - I can't find this info anywhere. Similarly, I want to know
how much extra damage is added by the Frenzied Berserker's Enhanced Power
Attack and Supreme Power Attack ... but I can't find this anywhere either.

That sort of thing.

TIA,

CC

 >> Stay informed about: NWN2 class abilities 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kendrick Kerwin Chua

External


Since: Jul 07, 2006
Posts: 513



(Msg. 2) Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:26 pm
Post subject: Re: NWN2 class abilities [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

In article ,
Magnate wrote:
>
>Is there a comprehensive reference for level-dependent class abilities in
>NWN2? The PDF manuals leave out quite a lot of info, and I can get a few
>insights from FAQs and stuff but I'm wondering whether anyone has drawn all
>this together. E.g. I want to know how many times/day the Barbarian can Rage
>at each level - I can't find this info anywhere. Similarly, I want to know

I just happened to see this over at http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Rage
while I was looking around for D&D information. Among other Barbarian
abilities, number of rage events per level is listed in the handy chart.

>how much extra damage is added by the Frenzied Berserker's Enhanced Power
>Attack and Supreme Power Attack ... but I can't find this anywhere either.

I would think that in general, you can look at the current D&D rules (and
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NWN2 uses 35E rather than 4E
standards.) Of course, the usual CRPG limitations apply to the rules,
especially those that aren't expressed in numerical terms in the real
pen-and-paper game. Also, there's the additional burden of Electronic Arts
interfering with the artistic vision, but that's my own personal beef and
not relevant to your question. Smile

-KKC, who was happy to see Rifts reprints appearing in the bookstores
again.
--
-- "Enjoy | kendrick @ |
your fishing!" | io . com | http://www.io.com/~kkc

 >> Stay informed about: NWN2 class abilities 
Back to top
Login to vote
Sheldon England

External


Since: Jan 19, 2005
Posts: 562



(Msg. 3) Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:03 pm
Post subject: Re: NWN2 class abilities [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
> I think NWN2 uses 35E rather than 4E standards.

A modified version of the 3.5 rules, yes. Definitely not 4E rules, which
is basically a MMO played with cards and figurines instead of a computer.


- Sheldon
 >> Stay informed about: NWN2 class abilities 
Back to top
Login to vote
Leo

External


Since: May 31, 2007
Posts: 49



(Msg. 4) Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:23 pm
Post subject: Re: NWN2 class abilities [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:26:18 -0000, "Magnate"
blabbed:

>
>Hi all,
>
>Is there a comprehensive reference for level-dependent class abilities in
>NWN2? The PDF manuals leave out quite a lot of info, and I can get a few
>insights from FAQs and stuff but I'm wondering whether anyone has drawn all
>this together. E.g. I want to know how many times/day the Barbarian can Rage
>at each level - I can't find this info anywhere. Similarly, I want to know
>how much extra damage is added by the Frenzied Berserker's Enhanced Power
>Attack and Supreme Power Attack ... but I can't find this anywhere either.
>
>That sort of thing.
>
>TIA,
>
>CC


A way to check some of this in game is go to the create a new
character screen, as if you want to, and when you get to the class
selection pick a class and in its description it'll say stuff like -
at 3rd level the <insert class> gains the ability to do whatever. at
5th level the <insert class> gains the ability to do somethingelse.
etc...

There's their forums:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewforum.html?forum=109


nwn2 wiki:

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

barbarian from the wiki:

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Barbarian

Leo
 >> Stay informed about: NWN2 class abilities 
Back to top
Login to vote
Magnate

External


Since: Feb 27, 2008
Posts: 15



(Msg. 5) Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:25 pm
Post subject: Re: NWN2 class abilities [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Leo" wrote
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:26:18 -0000, "Magnate"
> blabbed:
>>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Is there a comprehensive reference for level-dependent class abilities in
>>NWN2? The PDF manuals leave out quite a lot of info, and I can get a few
>>insights from FAQs and stuff but I'm wondering whether anyone has drawn
>>all
>>this together. E.g. I want to know how many times/day the Barbarian can
>>Rage
>>at each level - I can't find this info anywhere. Similarly, I want to know
>>how much extra damage is added by the Frenzied Berserker's Enhanced Power
>>Attack and Supreme Power Attack ... but I can't find this anywhere either.
>>
>>That sort of thing.
>
> A way to check some of this in game is go to the create a new
> character screen, as if you want to, and when you get to the class
> selection pick a class and in its description it'll say stuff like -
> at 3rd level the <insert class> gains the ability to do whatever. at
> 5th level the <insert class> gains the ability to do somethingelse.
> etc...
>
> There's their forums:
>
> http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewforum.html?forum=109
>
>
> nwn2 wiki:
>
> http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>
> barbarian from the wiki:
>
> http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Barbarian

Thanks Leo and Kendrick for the replies - I'm finding the nwn2 Wikia by far
the most helpful - far more so than the official forum.

Finally perfected my Swashbuckler/Monk/Weaponmaster build - now I'm enjoying
playing it!

Cheers,

Chris
 >> Stay informed about: NWN2 class abilities 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
NWN2- everything for everybody? - Let's take bets. Is Obsidian going to make the EFE (everything for everybody) design mistake in NWN2? Disappointments? Can they pull it off? And they better have integrated database support or be compatibile with NWNX2! RAWR!

NWN2 - So when is it going to come out???

changes from NWN to NWN2 - I am looking for the "low-down" on what is changing from NWN to NWN2, other than the whole 3.0 vs 3.5 thing and the other obvious changes such as new character classes. For example, one of the silent changes in the Undrentide expansion was tha...

NWN2 Bug? - I have updated my game with the newest patch yet, I still face a game ending bug in NWN2. In the Harvest Brawl after I beat the first enemies, nothing happens. I am trapped in the fighting pen and can't get out or even talk to the priest. Please..

NWN2 first impression - Pathfinding is as bad as the previous game. Graphics are better. Controls are improved. Can't zoom out far enough.
   Game Forums (Home) -> Neverwinter Nights All times are: Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]